Coconut Toddy Vinegar 375ml
Natural Coconut Toddy & Water Vinegar
KOKONATI Coconut Vinegars are 100% natural, with the natural exotic sourness and sweetness of newly harvested coconut nectar – truly delicious. Natural Coconut Vinegars is very rich in nutrients and amino acids . It is considered a functional ‘super food’ because it has healing benefits beyond its nutritional contents. In comparison with an Apple, a Coconut has more nutrients, that is simply put, the reason why coconut cider/water vinegars have many advantages over apple cider vinegar. It comes from a source that’s naturally higher in minerals and other phytonutrients, the humble Coconut. Coconut Cider Vinegar is made only of pure coconut sweet sap or nectar harvested from coconut flower and bottled immediately then naturally fermented and properly aged 8 – 12 months. Coconut water vinegar is made from coconut water. Our Vinegars have no added coconut water, no sugar cane, no added artificial yeast or sour enhancement, no added MSG or flavor enhancement and is 100% chemical free.
100% Natural Coconut Cider Vinegar derived off pure sap taken from the Coconut Flower
100% Natural Coconut Water Vinegar derived from Coconut water
Coconut Sap has a glycemic index of 35.
Coconut Vinegar is healthy
Coconut Vinegars are rich in amino acids that contribute to repair and rebuilding the muscle tissue, enhance brain and nervous system function, and boosts the immune system and physical energy level. It contains all nine essential amino acids as well as eight non-essential amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. Some aid in the formation of haemoglobin, according to the Nutritional Supplement Educational Centre. Haemoglobin transports oxygen and antibodies to help the immune system fight against infections. Other amino acids promote tissue health and maintenance, serve as neurotransmitters or are used in detoxification and metabolic function. Coconut vinegars contains 65 minerals, such as contains phosphorus, potassium, iron, magnesium, sulphur, boron, zinc, manganese and copper. It is rich in potassium, containing an impressive 192mg per tablespoon. The Institute of Medicine lists known functions of each mineral in your body. Potassium is important in balancing electrolytes, controlling high blood pressure and metabolizing sugar Phosphorus works with Calcium to build bones and facilitates your body’s ability to use other nutrients. Iron is critical for the creation of red blood cells and is essential in the production of cellular energy. Copper- one of the components in red blood cell formation, is a mineral that also assists your body with iron absorption. Magnesium is important in nerve and muscle function and is essential in every major biological process in your body.
Is Coconut Cider Vinegar healthier compared to Apple Cider Vinegar
Coconut trees grow in rich volcanic soil, contributing to the sap’s high mineral content (abundant in Potassium – 192 mg per tablespoon of fresh sap). Coconut vinegar contains 17 health-promoting amino acids, broad-spectrum B vitamins, vitamin C, and naturally occurring FOS (a probiotic that promotes digestive health). Apple cider vinegar enthusiasts say it can heal a vast array of ailments and prevent chronic diseases of aging, largely because it is chock full of nutrients. However, in truth, according to the USDA Nutrient Database, a nutritional analysis reveals that apple cider vinegar has no measurable vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, or Vitamin E, ~ and the fiber (pectin) and amino acid content is zero.
KOKONATI Coconut Vinegars are truly delicious , a natural probiotic because of its proper fermentation and aging. We only harvest our coconut vinegars at the right age. Only Pure Ceylon hand-picked coconuts are used in the production of KOKONATI 100% Natural Coconut Cider(Toddy) Vinegar & 100% Natural Coconut Water Vinegar
Nutritional facts & Uses of Coconut Vinegar
Coconut vinegar is a product that can be produced from coconut sap or coconut water. Coconut trees are grown in rich volcanic soil, contributing to the sap’s nutritional composition. In the same way, the water inside the coconut shell is packed with nutrients that nourish the nut as it prepares to germinate and start growing into a new coconut tree. During the processing, coconut water or coconut sap/toddy is naturally fermented in which nutrient losses are minimum.
- As a Food – Nutritional Benefits
- Coconut vinegar is a 100% pure and Natural product with no artificial additives or preservatives unlike other foods that can be found in the present market.
- Coconut vinegar can be used by people with dietary restrictions eg: vegetarians & vegans.
- Coconut vinegar is ideal for people who are weight conscious, as it is very low in calories & increases satiety (the feeling of fullness) which in turn reduces the amount of food consumed.
- Due to its low glycaemic index (GI of only 35), Coconut vinegar is a food appropriate even for diabetic patients.
- Coconut vinegar contains high mineral content especially abundant in potassium, Beta-Carotene, calcium, sodium, magnesium, Iron, phosphorous and also contains anti-oxidants. These and other minerals form compounds in the body that convert acid body fluids into alkaline. These are known as alkalizing minerals. Coconut Vinegar has an alkalizing effect in the body, much the same as apple cider vinegar.
- Coconut vinegar is becoming popular for its high amino acid content, it contains all 9 essential amino acids.
- Coconut vinegar contains broad-spectrum B vitamins, vitamin C, and naturally occurring FOS (a prebiotic that promotes digestive health , Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) are starches that the human body cannot fully digest. Inulin and galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) are similar substances When a person consumes FOS, the undigested portions provide nourishment for bacteria in the digestive tract. “Friendly” bacteria ( probiotics ) may respond particularly well to this nourishment. Because FOS feed probiotics, they are sometimes called a “prebiotic.” Low doses of FOS are often provided along with probiotic supplements to aid their growth. High doses of FOS (and related substances) have been advocated for a variety of health conditions. More scientific evidence about the benefits are being extensively researched.
- Coconut vinegar contains no cholesterol or fat and can be safely consumed by people with heart conditions & high cholesterol.
- Although Cider vinegar usually is not suitable for use in delicate sauces, coconut water vinegar is an excellent ingredient for the lighter preparations which is packed with the same essential nutrients and qualities and not as strong as to overpower milder flavours
- Antimicrobial Uses
Vinegar (5% acetic acid) shows bactericidal activity which is attributed to its acidity, although when ingested Coconut vinegar has an alkalizing effect on the system.
- Other medicinal uses
- Coconut vinegar is used as a hair conditioner & in skincare from ancient times. Coconut vinegar can also be used as a natural remedy for nits in the hair – especially useful as it can be applied on children’s hair safely with no harmful side effects. It can also be taken with any internal cleansing program.
- It is widely known as an environmentally-friendly solution for many household cleaning problems.
- Agricultural and horticultural uses
Coconut Vinegar can be used as an herbicide/ fungicide or pesticide without any need for the alternative – harmful chemicals.
Coconut vinegar is nutritious than apple cider vinegar
According to the USDA Nutrient Database, a nutritional analysis reveals that apple cider vinegar has no measurable vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, or Vitamin E, ~ and the fiber (pectin) and amino acid content is zero
Summary of coconut vinegar tips
- 100% pure & Natural
- Can be used by vegetarians & vegans.
- Very low in calories & increases satiety
- Low glycemic index – appropriate for diabetic patients.
- High in alkalizing minerals.
- Contains all 9 essential amino acids .
- Coconut vinegar contains broad-spectrum B vitamins, vitamin C, and naturally occurring prebiotics
- Completely Cholesterol & Fat free
- Used in hair conditioner & in skincare
- Environmentally-friendly cleaning agent.
- An herbicide.
Please note that these are for general information only and must not be used to treat or diagnose health concerns These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.